Revit Architecture Intermediate Certificate
Combine your passion for technology and love of design into a rewarding career. Autodesk Revit software is a widely-used building information modeling (BIM) software for producing architectural, interior design, landscape, engineering, and construction drawings. Our Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate will introduce students to the vital functions of the software from the lens of an architect.
The software allows users to design a building and its components in 3D, annotate the model with 2D drafting elements, and work with tags, details, and schedules. Revit gives users the ability to develop a design from the ground up, including creating walls, exterior shells, doors, windows, floors, roofs, and more. The software increases productivity in all stages from a building’s concept to construction.
Questions? Contact Us
What You’ll Learn
- How to create In-Place Conceptual Mass elements
- Perspectives, sketches, exploded views, and solar studies
- How to render views that include materials, lighting, and enhancements such as people and plants
- Topographic surfaces, property lines, and building pads
- Using rooms and areas for space planning and analysis
- Annotations for site plans and add site components
- Modifying toposurfaces with subregions, splitting surfaces, and grading the regions
- Creating structural grids and adding columns
- Adding foundation walls, footings, beams, and beam systems
- Creating framing elevations and adding braces
- Project phasing setup
- Multi-discipline coordination including Copy/Monitor and Coordination Review
- Import and export vector and raster files
- How to link Autodesk Revit files
This course is helpful for those preparing to sit for the national Autodesk certification exam. However, additional training or work with the software is recommended before pursuing the certification.
Who Should Enroll
- Architectural staff or project managers seeking practical experience with building information modeling
- Drafting professionals who desire to transition from traditional board design and drawing techniques
- Designers and engineers who need state-of-the-art tools
- Individuals considering building information modeling as a career
Students should have successfully completed our Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate or have equivalent experience prior to enrolling. An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset. Basic working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- Education Loans
- Start Date 01/25/2020
- End Date 03/28/2020
- Delivery Classroom
- Total Hours 36
- Class Sessions 9
- Location KSU Center
- City Kennesaw, GA
- CEUs 3.6
- Fee $1,299
No extra information available at this moment.