Romance Writing – Online
Romance is the #1 selling genre in mass-market fiction with readers clamoring for more! To pen a novel romance readers’ love, you’ll need to understand how to meet and exceed their expectations. Whether you’re a new or experienced writer, this course will help you broaden your skills and understand exactly what makes a romance reader finish a book with that “Ahh” of satisfaction. Learn about the genre of romance and exploring why you fell in love with your favorite romance novels. You will explore how to craft three-dimensional characters your readers will love and how to weave a plot so your story grabs the reader’s interest from page one.
- Examine the elements all romance novels should incorporate to meet readers’ expectations and begin to plan how to incorporate these elements into your novel
- Learn what readers expect in your hero and heroine and to know how to use secondary characters to support your main story
- Learn to use character-building tools to deepen your characters
- Learn the role goal, motivation, and conflict play in tying together character and plot
- Learn the elements of a basic romance plotline, how to plot using the Three Act Plot structure, and beginner’s mistakes to avoid
- Learn about scenes and sequels and how they link together to carry your characters through the plotline
- Understand how to use point of view, dialogue, and pacing
- Discover how research, setting, mood and tone enhance the appeal of your romance
- Learn about the importance of editing, revising, having a critique partner or critique groups, and manuscript submission
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 06/17/2020
- End Date 08/07/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.