Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies – Online
For many students, basic math is a struggle. But for students and teachers in Singapore, math is much more intuitive. Singaporean students have been top mathematics performers for over a decade! In this teacher training course, you’ll learn over two dozen strategies to make math click for your students. We’ll begin by exploring what Singapore Math is and how it has become such a powerful and highly regarded math curriculum. Then we’ll talk about how number sense and place value instruction are the basis for all Singapore Math. From there, we’ll learn a variety of computational strategies to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division a cinch.
- Discover new computational strategies using Singapore math techniques.
- Describe the importance of building number sense and place value instruction.
- Demonstrate addition and subtraction strategies using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate multiplication and division strategies using Singapore math.
- Use rendering, layout, and design to create realism and persuasion in a piece of art.
- Integrate computational strategies into your curriculum.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Start Date 10/16/2019
- End Date 12/06/2019
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.