In this professional development course for teachers, you’ll get the training you need to start teaching model drawing, the powerful Singapore Math strategy that gives word problems a visual context. Help your students start to enjoy math in a way they may never have before.The secret behind model drawing is that it gives students a concrete, reliable set of seven steps that they can use to solve 80% of the word problems out there. They won’t have to memorize 20 different techniques and know when to use which anymore. Instead, they’ll learn how to read the problem, determine its variables, draw a unit bar (the visual model), adjust that bar, place the question mark to indicate what they’re solving for, do the computation, and write a complete sentence at the end.
- Discover Singapore Math Model Drawing.
- Describe the importance of the model drawing process to learning.
- Demonstrate addition and subtraction word problems using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate multiplication and division word problems using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate fraction, rate, ratio, and percent word problems using Singapore Math.
- Integrate practice word problems into your curriculum.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Singapore Math Strategies: Model Drawing for Grades 1-6 - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: