In this professional development course, you’ll get the teacher training you need to deal effectively with serious discipline problems and help even the most challenging students you’re teaching make more responsible choices.
- Explore how chronic and severe discipline problems are the result of unfulfilled basic psychological needs. Learn about the five basic needs that motivate students.
- Learn about a six-step approach for reaching out to stduents to help meet their needs.
- Compare effective and ineffective plans and learn how to establish positives, boundaries, and natural consequences in your classroom.
- Add teaching time-outs to your teachers’ toolkit to help get your students’ cooperation.
- Explore how class meetings can be used to build a relationship between you and your students and help solve common problems.
- Recognize problems common to students in early elementary through high school.
- Learn to spot the warning signs for violent behavior, what to do if involved in a violent situation, and steps to take to prevent violent incidents.
- Delve into problems in classroom discipline resulting from substitute teaching, ADD, and academic problems.
- Master how to implement preventive techniques for problems faced both in and out of the classroom.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device. A few Windows-specific examples are included. Mac students are welcome, but may not be able to duplicate all examples. Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari), and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: