In this professional development course, you’ll get the teacher training you need to deal effectively with serious discipline problems and help even the most challenging students you’re teaching make more responsible choices. You’ll learn how to use a new research-based six-step approach to solve severe and chronic discipline problems such as bullying, fighting, using abusive language, stealing, and refusing to work. We’ll look at numerous real-life examples set in elementary, middle, and high school classrooms so you can see how to put the ideas into action in your own teaching situation.
- Explore how chronic and severe discipline problems are the result of unfulfilled basic psychological needs.
- Establish and implement a classroom discipline plan that you develop in cooperation with your students.
- Discover what makes teaching time-outs unique and how to apply the process to chronic and severe problems in the classroom.
- Explore how class meetings can be used to build a relationship between you and your students and help solve common problems.
- Recognize problems common to students who are in their early elementary and middle childhood years.
- Learn to spot the warning signs for violent behavior, what to do if involved in a violent situation, and steps to take to prevent violent incidents.
- Delve into problems in classroom discipline resulting from substitute teaching, ADD, and academic problems.
- Master how to implement preventive techniques for problems faced both in and out of the classroom.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II - Online
|Start Date||August 18, 2021|
|End Date||October 08, 2021|
#2: Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II - Online
|Start Date||September 15, 2021|
|End Date||November 05, 2021|
#3: Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
#4: Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: