With more and more Spanish-speaking people living in the United States every year, learning the Spanish language is becoming ever more important—especially in the field of law enforcement, where clear and quick communication is crucial. Mastering basic Spanish will give you more power to handle situations involving Spanish-speaking victims, witnesses, or criminals. this course will teach you the basic Spanish phrases you need for everything from making casual conversation to handling life-or-death situations. You’ll start with simple vocabulary for everyday topics including colors, numbers, conversational phrases, family names, and words for asking questions. Next, you’ll learn Spanish terminology you can use during arrests, traffic stops, medical emergencies, and many other common law enforcement situations.
- Master the letters of the Spanish alphabet, the numbers 0-19, and the simple rules for pronouncing Spanish words.
- Learn to ask questions, and expand your vocabulary by adding adjectives you can use to describe objects, people, and feelings.
- Enhance your vocabulary of words for describing people, clothing, and weather.
- Practice words you can use to describe vehicles and traffic violations, and learn new vocabulary for talking about drugs and alcohol.
- Learn basic commands you can use when you’re dealing with criminals, and find out how to read suspects their Miranda rights in Spanish.
- Master words for common medical emergencies and learn more commands you can use in emergency and nonemergency situations.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Spanish for Law Enforcement - Online
|Start Date||August 18, 2021|
|End Date||October 08, 2021|
#2: Spanish for Law Enforcement - Online
|Start Date||September 15, 2021|
|End Date||November 05, 2021|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: