Grow delicious, nutritious fruit and vegetables in your own backyard! In this course, you’ll learn how to give your garden a healthy start and keep it growing strong all season. You’ll discover the secrets for growing leafy greens, root vegetables, fruit, herbs, and more. In addition, you’ll learn how to spot pests and diseases before they destroy your bounty. You’ll find out how to fix pH and drainage problems in your soil, and you’ll take the guesswork out of watering as you explore a variety of irrigation options. Whether you want to provide your family with nutritious food, save money, get some exercise, or just be more self-sufficient, this course will give you the skills you need to ensure a successful harvest.
- Begin thinking about what crops you’d like to grow in your edible garden, and learn about practical considerations such as personal taste, time, and climate.
- Decide on a garden style, locate a place for your garden, and learn how to prepare containers, raised beds, and in-ground gardens.
- Learn the importance of pruning and how to make a healthy cut.
- Discover how to grow leafy greens, different varieties of vegetables, and fruits properly and keep them pest free.
- Find out about how to grow and harvest common herbs, what pests to watch out for, and techniques for keeping herbs healthy indoors.
- Learn how to collect seeds from your crops and how to preserve your surplus harvest through freezing, drying, canning, and pickling.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but no offerings are available now. Please come back and check regularly for more information.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: