Statistics Introduction – Online
Using easy-to-understand examples combined with real-world applications, this course provides the skills and knowledge needed to begin analyzing data. Explore how to use data and apply statistics to real-life problems and situations. Learn about data and data collection practices and how to summarize and describe data with charts, numbers, and graphs. Calculate and interpret probabilities, then see how they apply to decision making. Gain ways to visualize and measure relationships in data and use data to make forecasts and predictions. Learn the basics of statistical inference and know what it means for a result to be statistically significant. Throughout the course, use real data and a variety of examples drawn from diverse businesses and industries. Don’t worry if detailed calculations are not your thing; you’ll use a variety of free online resources to aid with calculations!
- Become familiar with common statistical terms and concepts and learn how to collect and summarize reliable data.
- Learn how to summarize and display both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Learn to measure association between variables and use linear regression to make predictions from the data.
- Discover the rules of probability and the most common probability model in statistics – the normal model.
- Understand the central limit theorem and how to calculate the margin of error.
- Learn about hypothesis testing and confidence intervals.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 07/15/2020
- End Date 09/04/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.