Teaching Adult Learners – Online
Discover how to use the latest educational tools and methods to create a student-centered classroom that is perfectly suited for adult learners.
Explore the unique needs and motivations of adult students and understand their expectations of your class. Learn the many different learning styles and how to teach to the strengths of each student. Gain the ability to design organized and strong lesson plans, create effective tests, and become familiar with a variety of assessments that will assist you in your grading. You will also learn how to teach your students good study skills and how to make your classroom inviting and accessible to students with disabilities.
- Learn how to meet the unique needs of adult students, organize your materials and classroom effectively, and create a student-friendly environment.
- Examine the different learning styles that adult students bring to your classroom.
- Master both traditional and innovative methods of classroom instruction.
- Find out how to develop the perfect course, create your course outline, hone your lesson plans, and create a warm and welcoming orientation program.
- Explore the key components of a great classroom presentation, and identify the 10 top needs and desires that motivate your students to learn.
- Delve into effective methods of grading, spot the grading pitfalls to avoid, and explore the best ways to advise your students.
- Identify the key requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and discover ways to make your classroom welcoming for students with special needs.
- Clarify your career goals and discover how to achieve them by writing a great résumé, preparing a strong portfolio, and acing your job interviews.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe Flash and PDF.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 11/11/2020
- End Date 01/01/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.