Teaching High School Students – Online
Learn how to motivate and teach so that your high school students are ready to succeed in life as well as in school. In this course, you’ll learn about the latest teaching strategies and techniques that can help your secondary students achieve academically and behave responsibly. Discover a broad range of topics, including differentiated instruction, classroom management and discipline, assessment strategies, and gaining parental support. Obtain tips for creating need-fulfilling lessons that engage students, suggestions for using simulations and games that make learning enjoyable, and how to teach your students social-emotional skills. Learn how to motivate students with recognition, rewards, and reinforcement, how to deal with discipline problems, and the value of varying your assessment strategies.
- Understand why high school students make the choices they do and how you can guide them to make better, more responsible choices.
- Learn how to determine your students’ learning styles and how to adapt your lessons to those styles.
- Learn why social-emotional learning should be an integral part of your classroom instruction.
- Examine problem-based and performance-based assessments.
- Explore common discipline problems and learn ways to address them effectively and efficiently.
- Discover ways to make your instruction fun through simulations, competitions, and games.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 08/12/2020
- End Date 10/02/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.