Teaching Math – Grades 4-6 – Online
Reinvent math instruction for grades 4-6 by bringing hands-on learning, inexpensive manipulatives, and real-world connections into your classroom. Whether you’re a new teacher or a seasoned pro, this course will help you get your students excited about math!
You’ll learn the best ways to walk students through the complexities of elementary school math. From teaching them the best way to learn complicated vocabulary to turning them into problem-solving detectives, you’ll discover lots of fun and practical ways to extend your students’ learning into their homes, the community, and the world. Whether you end up using clever geometry manipulatives or handmade fraction bars, math journals or Family Math nights, you’ll soak up dozens of strategies that require little or no money if you supply a lot of imagination.
- Identify the visual, auditory, and tactile-kinesthetic learners in your math class.
- Understand the keys to math vocabulary.
- Discover the power of number sense.
- Give students a basic foundation in multiplication.
- Make division a piece of cake.
- Have fun with fractions.
- Use smart problem-solving strategies.
- Get going with geometry.
- Use reading, writing, and presentations to communicate beyond the numbers.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Start Date 04/14/2021
- End Date 06/04/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.