Video game design and development is challenging, but the rewards are worth it. With this unparalleled comprehensive training program, you’ll master skills that open doors to the growing video game industry.
Using a comprehensive and analytical approach to game engine architectures, this program offers you the opportunity to learn how to effectively implement game ideas. The curriculum is divided into eight modules covering five major areas of study: programming languages, mathematics skills, 3D graphics pipeline programming, real-time game engine architectures, and artificial intelligence algorithms. Developing and managing the complex environments for games and related visualization applications is a challenging task, but with the right training and professional guidance, the challenge becomes much less daunting.
Prerequisite: To enroll in this program, you need to have a reasonable familiarity with computers and a background in high school-level mathematics. No prior game or graphics programming experience are necessary.
- Understand the core programming language skills necessary for game development.
- Have a sufficient level of proficiency in the areas of mathematics common to almost all game projects.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the main concepts involved in real-time 3D graphics programming.
Upon registering, you’re given an initial eight months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the eight months, an extension of eight months is available with a fee of $300.
Materials included: Physics for Game Developers
Prior to enrolling in this program, please ensure that your computer meets the following hardware and software requirements:
- Processor: Pentium III+/AMD Athlon (750MHz or greater)
- System Memory: 256 MB+
- Video: 3D Hardware Accelerator w/ 128MB+ on-board memory; DirectX 9.0/OpenGL compliant
- Disk: 1 GB+ uncompressed
- Sound: DirectSound compliant sound card
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 or higher (.NET recommended)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c Software Development Kit
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Video Game Design and Development Certificate - Online
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: