Wireless Networking – Online
Wireless networking is one of the fastest growing segments of the computer industry. Every electronic device seems capable of wireless connections these days: computers, handhelds, cell phones , and even digital cameras are all capable of transmitting without a tether. To many people, those wireless connections are nothing short of technical wizardry. This course will remove the mystery and give you a thorough understanding of this fascinating and lucrative technology.
You’ll learn how wireless works, how wireless devices connect to networks, and how to build and connect to your own wireless network. We’ll also explore wireless standards, wireless security, satellite Internet and cellular phone technology, as well as the future of wireless.
Prerequisite: Networking Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Understand networking basics, terminology, and how wireless networking fits in.
- Learn the various standards that govern all wireless networking technologies.
- Learn how to plan a wireless network, including drawing before- and after-wireless network topologies, and how to shop wisely for wireless networking equipment.
- Learn how to connect to a wireless network, with hands-on examples and step-by-step instructions.
- Understand how the various wireless technologies work together, how they operate, and what the future of wireless networking may hold.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and completion of Networking Introduction (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 06/17/2020
- End Date 08/07/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.