Workers’ Compensation – Online (Self Paced)
A workers’ compensation case is one of the most common types of lawsuits in the United States. Paralegals are far more likely to be involved with workers’ compensation than criminal cases, business disputes, or intellectual property cases. This course will introduce you to workers’ compensation law and provide you with a skill set that will help you gain employment in this fast-growing legal field.
- Understand the basic system of workers’ compensation.
- Explore workers’ compensation benefits, including temporary and permanent disability.
- Discover the benefits available under the federal workers’ compensation system.
- Understand the relationship that Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid have with one another and the workers’ compensation system.
- Gain an understanding of the medical system that provides coverage to injured employees and the responsibilities of employers under this system.
- Study the system of hearings and benefit disputes available to both employees and employers.
- Establish a solid understanding of the method used to negotiate and enforce awards to employees.
- Appreciate the different levels involved in appealing a workers’ compensation award, both at the appeals board level and all the way through the higher courts.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.