Community ESL Classes
Community ESL classes for the Fall II 2021 session, beginning in October, are registering now! Placement testing is Saturday, October 16th at 9Am. Classes begin Monday, October 18th, or Saturday, October 23rd. Please REGISTER HERE and you will receive an email about placement testing.
Please contact the IEP office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
- This program is for au pairs, working adults, business people traveling in the United States, and any other community members who wish to work on their skills with conversational and low or intermediate level English.
- Each session (or level) is 8 weeks of study.
- Course Levels: Starter, High Beginner, Low Intermediate, and High Intermediate. Not every level will be offered at both class times. Students will be placed after testing at registration.
- Starter: This course is designed for students who have little or no English language proficiency.
- High Beginner: This course is designed for students with a basic knowledge of English.
- Low Intermediate: This course is for students with expanded English proficiency.
- High Intermediate: Extension of English grammar and vocabulary as well as reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Classes will be held on the KSU Kennesaw Campus.
- A minimum of ten (10) students is needed to offer the evening or Saturday classes.
***Mandatory placement testing will be on-site at the Kennesaw campus the week prior to classes beginning. Students will be emailed with the location after registration.***
Parking is free on campus for these programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can students with an F-1 visa attend this program?No, this program does not satisfy the enrollment requirements for the F-1 student visa. Students with an F-1 visa may enroll in the Intensive English Program. For more information please visit the F-1 visa page.
Will this program prepare me for university studies?No, for more information on the Intensive English Program day classes, please visit the Future Student page on the Intensive English Program website.
Do you offer classes on Tuesday & Thursday?We currently only offer classes on Monday & Wednesday.
Do you offer childcare?No, childcare is not available.
Where can I purchase my books for class?You can purchase your book in the KSU Bookstore. More information will be discussed during registration.
Will you provide me with a certificate of completion for the level or program?Yes, we will provide you with a certificate of completion if your attendance level for the session is 80% or higher and your work is satisfactory.
What is your refund policy?Students may receive a 100% refund of tuition before the start of classes. No refunds will be given after classes start.
Can I start the classes and pay later?Space is limited; therefore, your place in the class is only reserved with full payment.
How do I know my level of study?All students will take a placement test at registration and be placed into the appropriate level.