Certified Financial Planner™ Program
Are you passionate about numbers and people? If so, personal financial planning could be a rewarding career path. With the need for financial planning services at an all-time high, individuals are looking to secure their financial future and they need a professional, competent advisor to get there. This program provides you with the skills and training needed to deliver comprehensive and accurate personal financial planning services to your clients. This extensive 14-month course is taught by industry professionals who are part of Atlanta’s financial services community.
High school diploma or equivalent, and working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
CFP Course Calendar Updated June 6, 2019
What You’ll Learn
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Savings and Income Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Plan Development (Capstone)
This program concludes with a Capstone project that will allow students to develop a complete financial plan for a fictional client. This will help students integrate their knowledge of all subject areas and prepare them to take the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam.
Who Should Enroll
- Financial planners looking to achieve their CFP® certification.
- Professionals who are specialists in a specific area – brokerage, insurance, accounting, banking and related fields – and want to learn how everything works together.
- Career changers interested in financial planning.
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
— U.S. News & World Report ranked Financial Advisor as its #4 best business job.
— Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 30% through 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
— The median annual wage for personal financial advisors was $89,160 in May 2015.
— As the population ages and life expectancy rises, demand for financial planning services should increase.
Bureau of Labor Statistics