Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that as a result of the growing elderly population, many nursing assistants will be needed in long-term care facilities and hospitals to help enhance the lives of patients. The agency also notes that rising admissions to nursing home facilities will create new jobs, as will scientific and technological advances that increase the lifespan of the general population. Based on this anticipated employment growth, the nursing assistant job outlook should be excellent for individuals with an interest and aptitude for this type of work.
What You’ll Learn
- Gather vital signs
- Collect patient data
- Body Systems
- Disease and infection control
- Legal and ethical issues
- Provide care for the basic physical and emotional needs of patients
- Perform American Heart Association BLS and Heartsaver® First Aid training
High school diploma or equivalent, score of 70 or higher on our Basic Skills Assessment, and submission of the Program Application Packet. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
Each student will participate in off-site clinical training.
- Work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Record weight, height and patient symptoms for physicians before a physical exam
- Dress, bathe and feed patients
- Help patients with range-of-motion exercises and walking
- Transport patients
- Monitor and report changes in a patient vital signs, behaviors or personality to nurses
Daytime and Evening Classes
We offer daytime and evening classes, so you can decide which best suits your schedule. Both programs will assist you in preparing for the State of Georgia Nurse Aide Competency Examination.
- 3-month, 108-hour certificate program
- 30 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/W from 6 PM – 9 PM
- 1 Saturday class from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Daytime CNA Class
- 7-week, 100-hour certificate program
- 24 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/Tu/W/Th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- 3 clinical dates from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
“It’s never too late to go back to school to fulfill your dream. The sky is the limit.” – Rocio Colon
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.