Event Planning and Management Certificate
The Event Planning and Management Certificate covers the essentials of hosting and managing memorable, safe, and effective events. Students will explore a wide range of event types from corporate to special events. The program covers topics such as risk management, site selection, contracts, and marketing, and budgeting of various event-types. It’s ideal for anyone looking to start a career in event planning or expand their expertise in the hospitality industry.
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
- Understanding event types and resources
- Professionalism and ethics
- Projecting and budgeting
- Site selection
- Risk management
- Marketing and promotion
- Legal responsibilities
- Social media
- Event technology
- Security and more
Who Should Enroll:
- New and aspiring managers and experienced planners who want to learn the latest industry trends
- Administrative assistants who plan and coordinate events
- Meeting, conference and event coordinators
- Career-changers seeking education and training
- Those needing event planning and management education to obtain an entry-level position or expand career opportunities in the future
- Professionals working in related fields such as lighting, sound, audio-visual, decor, catering and entertainment
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
— Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners in GA is projected to grow 14% by 2026. (O*NET OnLine)
— The median salary for meeting, convention, and event planners in GA is $48,710. (O*NET OnLine)