COVID-19 Fall 2021 Courses

  1. I’m attending my course in-person. Are face coverings required?

Based on guidance from the University System of Georgia (USG), all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to wear a face covering while inside campus facilities. Unvaccinated individuals are also strongly encouraged to continue to socially distance while inside campus facilities, when possible. Classroom configurations may return to pre-COVID conditions for those who choose the face-to-face modality/courses. Online-live courses are available for most courses, allowing students to attend classes virtually.


More information can be found at

  1. How will social distancing be ensured during in-person courses?

The College of Graduate and Professional Education is committed to providing a safe learning environment. Though some of our classroom configurations may return to pre-COVID conditions, we are offering most of our courses in two formats: Face-to-Face and Live Online.

  1. I’m attending class online. How will the class be recorded?

In-person instruction will be broadcast and recorded for the benefit of those students who are taking the course via the Live Online modality. When you enter a Kennesaw State University College of Graduate and Professional Education (CGPE) classroom or instructional space, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.

By entering the instructional premises, you consent to audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose throughout the universe in perpetuity by CGPE and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar CGPE courses in the future, highlight events, and exhibit the capabilities of CGPE. You release CGPE, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. If entering the instructional premises with a minor, you are also consenting on their behalf.

  1. Who should I contact if I have questions?

Please refer all questions and concerns to your instructors and program managers.

1.    My Account

  1. What is my username?

You can set your own user name, though we generally recommend that you use something simple to remember, like your email address. You will need your user name and password to register online. If you’ve forgotten your user name or password, go here to have it sent to you. If you’ve never registered with us before, you can set up your user name and password when you register for the first time.

2.    Registration

  1. How do I request a transcript?

This request form is for non-degree courses only. To request an official transcript for College of Professional Education courses, please complete our request form.

  1. How do I request a certificate replacement?

If you have recently completed a certificate course and/or program and passed, your certificate will be available through the program department. If you need a certificate replacement, please complete our request form. This request form is for non-degree professional education courses only.

  1. How do I request an enrollment verification record?

This request form is for non-degree courses only. Please complete the request form.

  1. When should I register for courses?

We recommend that you register for courses as early as possible. If the course you want is already full, you can add your name to the wait-list. We also recommend that you sign up for the next available course since the wait-list gives no guarantee of availability. On rare occasions one of our courses will not have enough students registered, and we have to cancel the course. The decision to cancel a course is usually the week the course is held. Waiting until a few days before the course to register could cause unnecessary cancellations.

  1. Do I need a transcript from my old school?

No. Professional Education courses are open to the general public.

  1. Are there additional fees for books or software?

This varies by course. Check the course description for information about inclusion of books. If you need to purchase books for your course, you can do so through the KSU Center bookstore. To purchase software that is available at the educational discount price, you will need a permission letter from the program coordinator. Please contact your program coordinator for more information.

  1. What kind of application do I need to complete for a professional education course?

Our courses are non-credit, non-degree programs and do not normally require applications for admission. However, there are some programs and courses that do require an application process or placement test prior to registration. Check for details in individual course descriptions as you browse our site.

  1. Can I register by fax or mail?

Yes. To register by fax, complete this registration form and fax it to the Registration office at 470-578-9085. To register by mail, send the completed registration form and your payment to the address below:
Kennesaw State University
College of Professional Education
3333 Busbee Drive, #3301
Kennesaw, GA 30144

  1. The course I want is full. Can I be added to a wait-list?

Yes, if the course you want is already full, you can automatically add your name to our wait list through the online registration process or by calling the registration office. If a student drops this course, we will call wait-listed students in the order their names were put on the wait-list. No payment is made at the time of being placed on a wait-list.

3.    Payment

  1. Can I use my credit card to pay for a course for someone else, like my child or spouse?

Yes, we accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. When registering a family member or friend, give us the name and address of the student first. We will also ask for the name of the credit card holder.

  1. When is payment due for a CPE course?

Full payment is due at the time of registration. Please see our Financial Aid page for payment plan possibilities.

  1. Is financial aid available for Professional Education courses?

Since Professional Education courses do not lead to a college degree, they are not eligible for the traditional forms of financial aid, such as the HOPE scholarship, Pell Grant, or any financial aid awarded through FAFSA. However, some private lenders will help you finance professional education and certificate programs. We also have military benefits, payment plans (for select courses), and accept the WIOA grant. Find more information on financial aid that may be available to you or call 470-578-6765.

  1. My company has offered to pay for this course. Can you invoice them directly?

Yes, if you supply us with one of the following documents:

  • A company purchase order. This is the actual purchase order, not just a purchase order number. This may be faxed to us at 470-578-9085.
  • A letter of authorization from the student’s company that is written on company letterhead. This letter must state the student has permission to take the course and that the company guarantees payment.
  • A corporate educational voucher (currently being used by large companies such as Bell South, Ford Motors, AT&T, GTE, etc.)

We will be unable to register a student for courses until the purchase order or other paperwork has actually been received. Also, we will not accept contingent purchase orders, such as “must receive a grade of 70% or better.” If a student is concerned about losing a seat in a class, but must wait for their company to issue a purchase order, we suggest that the student pay with their personal or corporate credit card and then the company may reimburse the student directly.

  1. What is your refund policy?

The College of Professional Education is proud to be a self-supporting part of the KSU community. All costs are covered through student registration fees. Full payment of the course fee is required to be officially registered for any Professional Education course.
In the event you withdraw from a class, we are happy to refund your fees according to the policy set forth below. Refunds paid by cash or check take approximately 2 to 4 weeks and are issued by Business Services. If payment was made by credit card, your account will be credited. Courses with group bundle discounts are not eligible for refunds or transfers.
In rare instances, classes with low enrollment may be canceled. We will make every effort to notify you of changes or cancellations. In the event of a cancellation or change by us, we will provide the student with a 100% refund or transfer to an equivalent class.

Course Refund Policy 

  • 100% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made three or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
  • 80% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made one or two business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
  • 0% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made the day class begins or anytime following.
  • Exception:For Online course refund policies, please see below.
  • Refunds:If you paid by cash or check, refunds are processed in approximately 2 to 4 weeks. If you paid by credit card, your account will be credited.

Online Course Refund Policy

  • For Online Monthly Courses: A 100% refund is available prior to the first lesson release, a 50% refund after the first lesson release and before the second lesson release, & NO refund will be given after the second lesson release.
  • For Start Anytime and Self-Paced Courses: NO refunds are available for these courses, except for online real estate courses. For these, you have the right to cancel your registration for any reason up to three (3) business days from the date of purchase. A 15% cancellation fee will be charged to cancel your registration.

  1. Will students be issued a 1098-T tax form for courses taken at the College of Professional Education?

Kennesaw State University does not issue 1098-T tax forms to students in the College of Professional Education. Students may provide their accountant or tax preparer with registration receipts for tax purposes. Students may also be required to provide their tax preparer or accountant with Kennesaw State University’s tax ID number which is 58-0965786.

4.    Courses

  1. Where are your courses held? Where are you located on campus?

Most of our courses are held in KSU Center, 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA, just a short distance from the main campus of Kennesaw State University, or online. Please check your registration receipt for the exact location. Parking is free at KSU Center.

  1. What happens if my course is cancelled?

In the event of a cancellation, we will provide you with a 100 percent refund or transfer to an equivalent course.

  1. What is your attendance policy?

You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU credits and completion certificates. Classes which meet four (4) or less sessions require 100% attendance to meet this requirement. For online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.

  1. Are your online programs offered in my state?

Online training programs offered by the College of Professional Education are available in most states. If you are an out-of-state student, please confirm that the program is available in your state by contacting us at 470-578-6765.

  1. Can my Professional Education courses be applied toward a college degree?

No, courses taken through the College of Professional Education are awarded CEUs (Continuing Education Units), not college credits. They are not transferable to be applied toward a college degree.

  1. What are the available class delivery methods?

You can learn more in details the new modalities of Flex and Hyflex delivery methods here.

5.    Miscellaneous

  1. What is the difference between a certificate and a certification?

A certificate program is an extensive course or series of courses designed to prepare you for a specific function. A certification is a recognized credential that confirms your ability in a particular area. Certifications are often offered through professional organizations and usually require passing an exam or series of exams. Many of the certificate programs that we offer here prepare you for a specific certification exam.

  1. Do you have a policy for students with disabilities?

Any individual who requires accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for participation in any class or program offered by the College of Professional Education should contact Student Disability Services at 470-578-2666. Specific accommodations should be requested 21 working days in advance of the first day of class.

  1. If I can’t find what I’m looking for on your website, who can help me?

Visit our contacts page, where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for key contacts within the College of Professional Education, who will be glad to answer your questions. You may also call our Registration department at 470-578-6765.

  1. What are the rules for Campus Carry and KSU Center?

The College of Professional Education follows the KSU Policy for carrying weapons on campus. The full text of HB280, and the KSU/USG policies can be found here.

  1. Do you offer assistance for job searches?

We offer career networking powered by Handshake, an all-in-one career management system. Also, employers occasionally provide us with job information. When this happens, we will email participants in the relevant program and post the information on our job board.