Join us on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month for an exclusive opportunity to meet members of our exceptional programming team. From 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm, you are invited to drop by KSU Center (3333 Busbee Dr. NW Kennesaw, GA 30144, not on main campus), connect with our team, and get all your questions answered. Additionally, a dedicated member of our enrollment team will be available to provide information on payment plans and financial aid. No registration is required.
- How do I set up a profile?
Please use the link below to create a new student profile. If you are a parent registering your child for summer camps, please create a Household Profile. If you are registering two or more people who share the same address, please create a Household Profile. All other users should create a Student Profile. Please note: this needs to be created even if you are a current KSU student. You cannot login into CPE with your KSU credentials
- How do I sign in?
Students can use the Select User Type dropdown to select Student and then enter your username and password. For most students, your username will be your email address. If you need assistance, please call the Registration Office at 470-578-6765.
- Forgot Username.
If you have forgotten your username, please use the link below to have an email sent to you. Enter your email address and then select and answer your Identity Verification Question. If they match the information on your profile, we will send you an email with your username.
- Reset Password.
If you have forgotten your password, please use the link below to reset it.
- Who should I contact to register for a course?
- Online Registration
You may register online by locating a course on our website and paying with any major credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Phone Registration
To register by phone,
- call 470-578- 6897 for Community courses
- call 470-578-3108 for Professional courses
Registration hours are Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM to pay with any major credit card.
- In-Person Registration
In-person registrations are welcomed Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM– 2:00 AM at one of our registration windows.
- Community Registrations are in Suite 101 at the East Entrance
- Professional Registrations are at Suite 239 from the South Entrance
You will receive an email confirming your registration.
- Who should I contact if I have questions about a course I am currently registered for?
If you have already registered for a course and have questions about your course, please refer all questions and concerns to your instructors and program coordinators.
- When should I register for courses?
We recommend that you register for courses as early as possible. Our registration deadline is five days before the course’s start date. If there are seats available after that, we will still accept registrations until the course’s start date, however, there will be a $50 late fee applied to your registration (for classes beginning after 7/1/23) and this can result in receiving class materials late. If the course you want is already full, you can add your name to the waitlist. We also recommend that you sign up for the next course available since the waitlist gives no guarantee of availability. Rarely, one of our courses will not have enough students registered, and we must cancel the course. The decision to cancel a course is usually made the week the course is held. Waiting until a few days before the course to register could cause unnecessary cancellations.
- Do I need a transcript from my old school?
No. Professional Education courses are open to the public.
- Are there additional fees for books or software?
This varies by course. Check the course description for information about inclusion of books. If you need to purchase books for your course, you can do so through the KSU (Kennesaw State University) Center bookstore. To purchase software that is available at the educational discount price, you will need a permission letter from the program coordinator. Please contact your program coordinator for more information.
- What kind of application do I need to complete for a professional education course?
Our courses are non-credit, non-degree programs and do not normally require applications for admission. However, some programs and courses require an application process or placement test prior to registration. Check for details in individual course descriptions as you browse our site.
- The course I want is full. Can I be added to a waitlist?
Yes, if the course you want is already full, you can automatically add your name to our waitlist through the online registration process or by calling the registration office. If a student drops this course, we will call wait-listed students in the order of their names were put on the waitlist. No payment is made at the time of being placed on a waitlist.
- Can I use my credit card to pay for a course for my child or spouse?
Yes, we accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. When registering a family member, give us the name, phone number and address of the student first. We will also ask for the name of the credit card holder.
- When is payment due for a CPE (Community and Professional Education) course?
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Please see our Financial Aid page for payment plan possibilities.
- Is financial aid available for Professional Education courses?
Since Professional Education courses do not lead to a college degree, they are not eligible for the traditional forms of financial aid, such as the HOPE scholarship, Pell Grant, or any financial aid awarded through FAFSA. However, some private lenders will help you finance professional education and certificate programs. We also have military benefits, payment plans (for select courses), and accept the WIOA grant.
- My company has offered to pay for this course. Can you invoice them directly?
Yes, if you supply us with one of the following documents:
- A company purchase order. This is the actual purchase order, not just a purchase order number. This may be faxed to us at 470-578-9085.
- A letter of authorization from the student’s company written on company letterhead. This letter must state the student has permission to take the course and that the company guarantees payment.
- A corporate educational voucher (currently being used by large companies such as Bell South, Ford Motors, AT&T, GTE, etc.)
We will be unable to register a student for courses until the purchase order or other paperwork has been received. Also, we will not accept contingent purchase orders, such as “must receive a grade of 70% or better.” If a student is concerned about losing a seat in a class but must wait for their company to issue a purchase order, we suggest that the student pay with their personal or corporate credit card and then the company may reimburse the student directly.
- What is your refund policy?
Community and Professional Education is proud to be a self-supporting part of the KSU community. All costs are covered through student registration fees. Full course fee payment must be officially registered for any Professional Education course. In the event you withdraw from a class, we are happy to refund your fees according to the policy set forth below. Refunds paid by cash or check take 2 to 4 weeks and are issued by Business Services. If payment was made by credit card, your account will be credited. Courses with group bundle discounts are not eligible for refunds or transfers. In rare instances, classes with low enrollment may be canceled. We will make every effort to notify you of changes or cancellations. In the event of a cancellation or change by us, we will provide the student with a 100% refund or transfer to an equivalent class.
Course Refund Policy
- 100% refund for all withdrawals made three or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 80% refund for all withdrawals made one or two business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 0% refund for all withdrawals made the day class begins or anytime following.
Refunds: If you pay by cash or check, refunds are processed in 2 to 4 weeks. If you paid by credit card, your account will be credited.
- Transfers made three or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class will not be assessed any penalty.*
- Transfers made one or two business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class will be assessed a 20% penalty.*
- No Transfers will be made once a class has started.
*No Transfers will be made for any registrations using a discount.
Exception: For Online course refund policies, please see below.
Online Course Refund Policy
- For Online Monthly Courses: A 100% refund is available prior to the first lesson release, a 50% refund after the first lesson release and before the second lesson release, & NO refund will be given after the second lesson release.
- For Start Anytime and Self-Paced Courses: NO refunds are available for these courses, except for online real estate courses. For these, you have the right to cancel your registration for any reason up to three (3) business days from the date of purchase. A 15% cancellation fee will be charged to cancel your registration.
- How do I request a transcript?
Current and former students may request unlimited official transcripts. There is a $10 fee for each official transcript. This request form is for non-degree courses only. To request an official transcript for Community and Professional Education courses, please complete the request form. A secure Liquid Files email will be sent to you after receiving the DocuSign request. The credit card payment form must be completed, and the processing fee will be applied upon confirmation of your transcript in our database.
- How do I request a certificate replacement?
Current and former students may request unlimited official certificate replacements. There is a $15 fee for each official certificate. If you have recently completed a certificate course and/or program and passed, your certificate will be available through the program department. If you need a certificate replacement, please complete the request form. This request form is for non-degree professional education courses only. A secure Liquid Files email will be sent to you after receiving the DocuSign request. The credit card payment form must be completed, and the processing fee will be applied upon confirmation of your certificate in our database.
- How do I request an enrollment verification record?
The Enrollment Verification Form is designed for students currently enrolled in our courses. This request form is for non-degree courses only. Please complete the request form.
- Where are your courses held? Where are you located on campus?
Most of our courses are held in KSU Center, 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA, just a short distance from the main campus of Kennesaw State University, or online. Please check your registration receipt for the exact location. Parking is free at KSU Center.
- What happens if my course is cancelled?
In case of cancellation, we will provide you with a 100 percent refund or transfer to an equivalent course.
- What is your attendance policy?
You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU (Continuing Education Units) credits and completion certificates. Classes which meet four (4) or less sessions require 100% attendance to meet this requirement. For online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.
- Are your online programs offered in my state?
Online training programs offered by Community and Professional Education are available in most states. If you are an out-of-state student, please confirm that the program is available in your state by contacting us at 470-578-6765.
- Can my Professional Education courses be applied toward a college degree?
No, courses taken through the Community and Professional Education are awarded CEUs (Continuing Education Units), not college credits. They are not transferable to be applied toward a college degree.
- Will students be issued a 1098-T tax form for courses taken at the Community and Professional Education?
Kennesaw State University does not issue 1098-T tax forms to students in the Community and Professional Education. Students may provide their accountant or tax preparer with registration receipts for tax purposes. Students may also be required to provide their tax preparer or accountant with Kennesaw State University’s tax ID number which is 58-0965786.
- What is the difference between a certificate and a certification?
A certificate program is an extensive course or series of courses designed to prepare you for a specific function. A certification is a recognized credential that confirms your ability in a particular area. Certifications are often offered through professional organizations and usually require passing an exam or series of exams. Many of the certificate programs that we offer here prepare you for a specific certification exam.
- Do you have a policy for students with disabilities?
Any individual who requires accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for participation in any class or program offered by the Community Professional Education should contact Student Disability Services at 470-578-2666. Specific accommodations should be requested 21 working days before the first day of class. You may find more information from KSU’s website: https://www.kennesaw.edu/dean-of-students/sds/contact.php
- If I cannot find what I am looking for on your website, who can help me?
Visit our contacts page, where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for key contacts within the Community and Professional Education, who will be glad to answer your questions. You may also call our registration department at 470-578-6765.
- What are the rules for Campus Carry and KSU Center?
Community and Professional Education follows the KSU Policy for carrying weapons on campus. The full text of HB280, and the KSU/USG policies can be found here.
- Do you offer assistance for job searches?
- KSU Professional Education – Career Development Facebook group is an online platform for CPE’s students and alumni to find job postings with open positions or internships shared through potential employers or posted by alumni recruiting on behalf of their company or organization.
- We offer career networking powered by Handshake, an all-in-one career management system.
The health and safety of our entire campus community is our top priority and we will continue to follow the guidance provided by the Georgia Department of Public Health and the University System of Georgia.
- I am attending my course in-person. Are face coverings required?
Based on guidance from the University System of Georgia (USG), all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to wear a face covering while inside campus facilities. Unvaccinated individuals are also strongly encouraged to continue to socially distance while inside campus facilities, when possible. Classroom configurations may return to pre-COVID conditions for those who choose the face-to-face modality/courses. Online-live courses are available for most courses, allowing students to attend classes virtually. More information can be found at coronavirus.kennesaw.edu
- How will social distancing be ensured during in-person courses?
KSU Community and Professional Education is committed to providing a safe learning environment. Though some of our classroom configurations may return to pre-COVID conditions, we are offering most of our courses in two formats: Face-to-Face and Live Online.
- I am attending class online. How will the class be recorded?
In-person instruction will be broadcast and recorded for those students taking the course via the Live Online modality. When you enter a Kennesaw State University Community and Professional Education (CPE) classroom or instructional space, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
By entering the instructional premises, you consent to audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose throughout the universe in perpetuity by CPE and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar CPE courses in the future, highlight events, and exhibit the capabilities of CPE. You release CPE (Community and Professional Education), its officers and employees, and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. If entering the instructional premises with a minor, you also consent on their behalf.
- Who should I contact if I have questions?
Please refer all questions and concerns to your instructors and program managers.