Military Benefits at the College of Graduate and Professional Education
The College of Graduate and Professional Education (CGPE) is pleased to offer military members and their families an opportunity to further their education and enhance their careers through professional education.
Active, Discharged, and Retired Military
If you’re an active-duty service member or veteran, a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a qualified survivor or dependent, you may qualify for military education benefits. These benefits may provide reimbursement for our certificate programs, based upon GI Bill® coverage and length of service. Funding is available for classroom-based professional education programs only (see below for other financial aid opportunities). Fully online programs are not eligible. Please call us at 470-578-6765 (option 1) for questions about course eligibility.
How to Enroll
- Visit va.gov/education or call 1-888-GIBILL1 to apply for your benefits. Once you have been issued a Certificate of Eligibility by the VA, please complete our VA Information Form.
- Email the form as an attachment to our Registration Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions, please call us at 470-578-6765 and select option 1.
If you are not eligible for VA Education Benefits or are interested in a fully online professional education course, we are proud to offer a 10% military discount to active-duty and veteran service members on all of our courses. (This discount cannot be used for the Pedorthist Certificate or combined with VA Education Benefits or other discounts.)
Looking to complete a degree program? More information about military and veteran benefits at Kennesaw State University is available at this site.
Military Spouses and Children
Military spouses may be eligible to receive up to $4,000 of tuition assistance through My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) to pursue professional education (certificate and online courses), degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields. Upon creating a MyCAA account the Department of Defense will provide a notification of eligibility. Select Continuing Education at Kennesaw State University when you apply. For assistance, call 1-800-342-9647.
Our Military Kids supports military children (ages 3 – 18) by funding sports, arts, and other extracurricular activities while a parent is deployed with the National Guard, the Reserve, or recovering from severe injuries sustained in a post-9/11 overseas mission. This benefit also applies to our SummerU program.
List of Military Benefit Eligible Programs at CGPE:
- AutoCAD Essentials
- AutoCAD Intermediate
- AutoCAD Advanced
- Bookkeeper Professional
- Certified Financial Planner
- Certified Managerial Coach
- Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Professional
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Cisco CCNA
- CompTIA A+
- Culinary Apprenticeship
- EKG Technician
- Event Planning & Management
- Executive Leadership for Women
- Health Coach
- Human Resources SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP
- Information Systems Security Professional
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Office Assistant
- Payroll Fundamentals
- Payroll Mastery
- Personal Trainer
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Professional Investigator
- Project Management Professional
- Revit Architecture Essentials
- Social Media Marketing
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill