Are you looking to use your passion for technology in a booming industry? Data breaches continue at alarming rates, and intelligence officials say cybersecurity trumps terrorism as the top threat to the United States. Fortunately, we offer an Information Systems Security Certificate that can propel you into this growing career.
Earning the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Securities Professional) certification proves you have what it takes to effectively design, implement, and manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program. With a CISSP, you validate your expertise and gain access to peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
If you want to learn more, here are the internet’s most asked questions about ISSP:
What is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional?
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an information security certification for security analysts. The certification was created to ensure professionals in computer security have standardized knowledge of the field. Below is a video that explains more about what exactly ISSPs do.
How do you become a Certified Information Systems Security Professional?
It’s simple. First, determine if this certification is right for you, then register and prepare for the exam to get certified.
At Kennesaw State University (KSU), our ISSP program provides thorough preparation for the CISSP exam. To take the KSU course, you will need a:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
- Basic understanding of network operations and some familiarity with the domains of the CISSP CBK® structure.
What are the duties of information systems security professionals?
- Implement data security measures
- Monitor networks and user access
- Perform vulnerability and risk assessments
- Respond to security breaches
- Perform security updates
- Ensure firewalls are working correctly
- Provide appropriate levels of security clearance to employees
- Ensure employee compliance with security measures
- Assist with preventative and emergency maintenance
- Create a risk management plan
What is the salary of information systems security professions?
The average salary of an ISSP in metro Atlanta is $84,344.
At KSU, a skills assessment is also required for the ISSP program. More information is available here.