This specialization is intended for those who are employed and curious about what the field of cybersecurity is all about and how it can complement skills they may already have. It will give the student a grounding in the terminology of cybersecurity as well as exposure to many of the central topics in the field of cybersecurity.
It is a completely online, self-paced, program made up of four courses – foundations, cybersecurity management, network cybersecurity, and cybersecurity incident response. Courses may be completed individually or as a complete concentration.
Register for all four courses at the same time through this page and save $200.
- A general understanding of Information Technology
- An Introduction to Information Security, NIST SP 800-12, Rev. 1, Nieles, Dempsey, and Pillitteri. https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-12/rev-1/final. This is a free PDF download.
- Information Security Handbook: A Guide for Managers, NIST SP 800-100, Bowen, Hash, & Wilson, https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-100/final. This is a free PDF download.
- Computer Security Incident Handling Guide, NIST SP 800-61 Rev. 2, Cichonski, Millar, Grance & Scarfone. https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-61/rev-2/final. This PDF is a free download.
- Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems, NIST SP 800-34 Rev. 1, Swanson, Bowen, Phillips, Gallup & Lynes. https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-34/rev-1/final. This PDF is a free download.
- Principles of Information Security, 7th edition, Whitman & Mattord, Cengage Learning. https://www.cengage.com/c/principles-of-information-security-7e-whitman/9780357506431/
- Management of Information Security, 6th edition, Whitman &Mattord, Cengage Learning.
- Guide to a Secure Enterprise Network Landscape. NIST SP 800-215, Chandramouli, https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-215/final. This is a free PDF download.
- Guidelines for Securing Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) NIST SP 800-153, Souppaya & Scarfone, https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-153/final. This is a free PDF download.
- Guide to Network Security, Whitman, Mattord, Mackey, & Green, Cengage Learning.
- Principles of Incident Response & Disaster Recovery, Whitman & Mattord, Cengage Learning.
See the NIST special publication library at https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/sp800 for additional documents which may support your understanding of the material.
#1: Cybersecurity Specialization Certificate
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
AutoCAD Advanced Certificate Online Live
Python Developer Certificate – Online
Video Game Design and Development Certificate – Online
75-Hr. GA Salesperson Pre-Licensing Course – Online
Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate
Cybersecurity Management Certificate