Medical Interpreter Certificate
Request More Information
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Receive a 75% or higher on the Interpreter Written Skills Assessment and submit the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to computer and internet are required. By registering for the class, you acknowledge that you are fluent in both Spanish and English. Should you not meet the language requirement, no refunds or transfers will be approved.
The Interpreter Written Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here.
One requirement of national certification is successful completion of a 40-hour course on Medical Interpreting. Our extensive Oral Interpreting practice also will help you prepare for taking the exams on the national level. Visit the International Medical Interpreters Association website for more information obtaining a national certification.
What You’ll Learn
- Describe the responsibilities of a medical interpreter
- Define the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA) code of ethics and standards of practice
- Identify the anatomy of the body in both English and Spanish
- Translate medical forms from English to Spanish
- Recite medical terminology in both Spanish and English
- Conduct a health related interview using appropriate medical vocabulary
- Recognize the unique traits of Hispanic culture
- Recognize the boundaries of professional practice by abstaining from personal involvement
- Accurately interpret and translate all spoken messages, medical forms, procedures, and symptoms in a healthcare environment
View the Application & FAQs page for the Medical Interpreter Certificate.
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to a computer with an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. All virtual classes will be recorded.
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
- Start Date 03/06/2021
- End Date 05/15/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 40
- Class Sessions 10
- CEUs 4
- Fee $1,499
No extra information available at this moment.