Payroll Fundamentals (formerlyPayTrain® Fundamentals), part of the Payroll Certificate Program, covers the fundamental concepts, calculations, fringe benefits, tax compliance, record keeping and best practices, accounting, and administration as they apply to Payroll. Whether you want to prepare for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams, Payroll Fundamentals is ideal for providing you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties. This course is great for new payroll professionals and those who support the payroll industry.
These calculations are critical to successfully passing the FPC and CPP exams and are not covered in PayTrain® Mastery.
This course is offered in partnership with the American Payroll Association and is taught by experienced instructors. For this course we will be using APA’s PayTrain Fundamentals body of knowledge materials.
Topics include the introductory study of:
• Payroll concepts
• Paycheck calculations
• Fringe benefits
• Payroll reporting and employment taxes
• Record keeping and payroll practices
• Payroll accounting
Who should attend:
• Entry-level payroll professionals
• Payroll professionals preparing for the FPC or CPP examinations
• Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
• Sales professionals and consultants serving the payroll industry
• Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
• Payroll service bureau client representatives
• Human Resources Professionals PHR/SPHR Certified
Note: Fee includes the cost of the PayTrain Learning System. Participants must register separately for the FPC and CPP certification exams (exam fees not included in cost of course).
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to a computer with an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. Virtual classes may be recorded.
#1: Payroll Fundamentals Certificate Online Live
#2: Payroll Fundamentals Certificate Online Live
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA: For students interested in using WIOA funding, please submit the WIOA application as soon as possible to allow up to 6 weeks for WIOA processing.
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: