In order to apply for admission, you must complete the application linked here: IEP F-1 application. After you complete the application and submit the application fee, you will be contacted by the Kennesaw State University International Student and Scholar Services Office regarding next steps for your I-20.
F-1 students will be responsible for the following costs:
- ChargeAmountAdditional Information
- Tuition$2150Class Hours: 18 per week
- Books$200Average for a total of 3 classes
- Health Insurance$200Estimated cost for F-1 student health insurance. All F-1 students must have health
insurance. Students may select United Healthcare’s PGH insurance through Kennesaw
State University or apply for a waiver to use their own insurance policy.
- Living Expenses$2000Estimate for living and food expenses for F-1 visa student
- Parking Fee$46Required for all those parking a car on campus (per session)
- Grand Total$4596Average total cost to study for one session in the Intensive English Program
Expiration of I-20
Your I-20 program dates will correspond to your requested number of IEP sessions and to the amount of funding available to you.
The IEP office will determine the funding available to you by reviewing your bank statement or your sponsor’s bank statement.
The table below describes the number of sessions that you can study based upon the amount of funding that is available based on the bank statement that you provide.
- Number of SessionsAmount Required on Bank Statement*
- One 8-Week Session$4,600.00
- Two 8-Week Session$9,200.00
- Three 8-Week Session$13,800.00
- Four Sessions$18,400.00
*Please note that additional funding will be required for any dependents coming with an F-2 visa.
- Each session (or level) is 8 weeks.
- Classes are held on Monday & Wednesday and Tuesday & Thursday at the following times: 8:30am-10:00am, 10:15am-11:45am, and 1:00pm-2:30pm.
- As a F-1 student, you will be required to take 18 hours of class on Monday – Thursday.
- We also offer some Friday elective classes. (Click here to visit the Schedule for Friday Classes)
- We do not currently offer evening or weekend classes for F-1 visa students.
Once you are admitted into the IEP Center, you must take a placement test before we can place you in a level of study. The placement test is given at orientation the week before the program begins. All new students are required to attend this orientation!
If you have any questions regarding housing options that are available to students enrolled in the IEP, please visit the Housing and Dining Options page for further information.
Application and Immigration Questions
F-2 Visa Holders
Individuals that hold an F-2 visa can study in the Intensive English Program as a part-time student. As a part-time student, you are welcome to take three to fifteen hours of class per week.
To apply to the Intensive English Program, please visit the Permanent Residents, Citizens and All Other Visa Students page.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-2214) with any questions.