Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that as a result of the growing elderly population, many nursing assistants will be needed in long-term care facilities and hospitals to help enhance the lives of patients. The agency also notes that rising admissions to nursing home facilities will create new jobs, as will scientific and technological advances that increase the lifespan of the general population. Based on this anticipated employment growth, the nursing assistant job outlook should be excellent for individuals with an interest and aptitude for this type of work.
Request More Information
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
- Gather vital signs
- Collect patient data
- Body Systems
- Disease and infection control
- Legal and ethical issues
- Provide care for the basic physical and emotional needs of patients
- Perform American Heart Association BLS and Heartsaver® First Aid training
High school diploma or equivalent, score of 70 or higher on the Skills Assessment, submission of a completed CNA Program Application Packet (required documents including all immunizations, forms of identification, etc.). Incomplete CNA Program Application Packets will not be accepted.
Application packets are due two weeks prior to the start date of the class.
Click here for instructions to access and complete the Skills Assessment. Upon completion and passing of the Skills Assessment, please submit your completed CNA Program Application Packet in person to the CPE- Registration Office. The Registration Office is located inside the KSU Center.
Each student will participate in off-site clinical training.
What CNAs Do
- Work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Record weight, height and patient symptoms for physicians before a physical exam
- Dress, bathe and feed patients
- Help patients with range-of-motion exercises and walking
- Transport patients
- Monitor and report changes in a patient vital signs, behaviors or personality to nurses
Daytime and Evening Classes
We offer daytime and evening classes, so you can decide which best suits your schedule. Both programs will assist you in preparing for the State of Georgia Nurse Aide Competency Examination.
Evening CNA Class
- 3-month, 108-hour certificate program
- 30 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/W from 6 PM – 10 PM
- 1 Saturday class from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Daytime CNA Class
- 6-week, 100-hour certificate program
- 24 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/Tu/W/Th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- 3 clinical dates from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
“It’s never too late to go back to school to fulfill your dream. The sky is the limit.” – Rocio Colon
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
- Start Date 05/12/2021
- End Date 08/09/2021
- Delivery Classroom
- Total Hours 108
- Class Sessions 26
- Location KSU Center, Off-site
- City Kennesaw, GA
- CEUs 10.8
- Fee $1,799
No extra information available at this moment.