EKG Technician Certificate
Are you passionate about saving lives? Become a critical member of the patient care team and one of the first to assist patients experiencing cardiac symptoms. EKG technicians perform diagnostic tests to aid doctors in identifying and treating cardiovascular problems in patients. These tests help detect irregularities that may result in a heart attack or heart disease.
Questions? Contact Us
High school diploma or equivalent, working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
What You’ll Learn
- Anatomy of the cardiovascular system
- Lead placement
- Types of rhythms
- Myocardial infarction
- HIPAA security and privacy
- 12-lead EKG placement
- Heart rate calculation
- Rhythm strip interpretation
An EKG Technician checks the following:
- The heart’s general electrical activity
- For causes of shortness of breath, fainting, dizziness, or irregular heartbeat. These may indicate heart disease.
- For causes of unexplained chest pain. This may indicate a heart attack.
- To see if the wall of the heart is too thick
- To see if any mediation you may be taking is affecting the heart
- General health of the heart when other diseases are being treated
This two-month, 70-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the National Healthcareer Association Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
“I heard a lot of good things about the medical programs at KSU and started out as an undergraduate aspiring to enter the nursing program. My focus and schedule shifted, and I ended up choosing the path provided by continuing education. The instructors all had different backgrounds which was great along with the real-world experience the programs provided. It gave me the experience to work in a hospital and become a nurse.”
— Melissa Amavisca, graduate
- Cardiac unit of hospitals
- Private cardiology offices
- Emergency departments
Financial Aid Options
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
- Start Date 10/17/2019
- End Date 12/10/2019
- Delivery Classroom
- Total Hours 70
- Class Sessions 21
- Location KSU Center
- City Kennesaw, GA
- CEUs 7
- Fee $1,299
No extra information available at this moment.