This is a comprehensive HR management course offered in partnership with SHRM and taught by experienced, senior-level HR professionals. You will discover that this learning experience offers the unique opportunity for measurable success.
Our SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP course is designed for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success.
This certification preparation program covers three knowledge domains: People, Organization, and Workplace, as well as eight behavioral competencies: Relationship Management, Consultation, Leadership & Navigation, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, Critical Evaluation.
Who should enroll:
• HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam.
• Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
• HR professionals wanting a broader education or to update their HR knowledge.
• HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability by gaining current HR knowledge.
Using SHRM learning materials, you will build a solid foundation and invaluable professional expertise, including the ability to:
• Define basic fundamentals of Human Resources Management.
• Contemplate a situation and draw conclusions on how to correct, amend, adopt, or change for positive results.
• Use qualitative and quantitative methods and tools for analysis.
• Use HRIS to support HR activities.
• Perform and use internal and external environmental scanning to make smart business decisions.
• Assist in identifying and recognizing potential legal situations in the workplace to prevent litigation, claims and suits.
• Apply the methods presented to your day-to-day job.
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to a computer with an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. Virtual classes may be recorded.
Since 2001, Cathy Missildine, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, has served as a continuing education instructor for KSU’s Human Resources Management certificate program. She is the co-founder and Chief Performance Officer of Intellectual Capital Consulting. Missildine has worked closely with executives in the areas of performance, productivity, organizational metrics, training, employee and customer engagement, workforce planning, organizational design and strategic implementation. Her past experience in operations and sales management in the technical, insurance and hospitality industries has given her a broad understanding of business issues and a solid foundation for building performance enhancing systems that support the business.
Some of her most recent projects focused in the following areas: performance management redesign, strategic transformation of HR, change management, satisfaction surveys with quantitative and qualitative analysis, and workforce planning.
Missildine is also a member of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and holds their professional certification, Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). In 2013, she served as SHRM’s president for its Atlanta Chapter.
In May 1997, Missildine and her business partner Barbara Hughes started their own consulting firm assisting their clients becoming more profitable through their human capital.
Additionally, Missildine serves on the Board of Directors for Samaritan House a nonprofit organization helping homeless men and women return to the workforce.
Missildine earned her bachelor’s degree in marketing from KSU before earning her MBA in Human Resource Management and Development from the same school.
#1: Human Resources Management SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certificate Online
|Start Date||August 26, 2023|
|End Date||November 11, 2023|
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- WIOA: Please Read: For students interested in using WIOA funding, please submit the WIOA application as soon as possible to allow up to 6 weeks for WIOA processing.
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
Project Management Certificate
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Certificate – Online
Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate – Online
Technical Writing Certificate – Online
Fundamentals of Human Resources Management