Pharmacy Technician Certificate
If you have a strong eye for detail and enjoy helping people, a career as a pharmacy technician might be in your future. Pharmacy technicians play a vital support role in preparing and dispensing prescription medications – acting as a liaison between pharmacists and patients. Employment prospects for pharmacy technicians are strong due to advances in pharmaceutical research and to an aging population.
Request More Information
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
Learn How To
- Assist licensed pharmacists in providing medication, medical devices or products
- Provide customer service to patients
- Prepare patient medication
- Communicate with physician offices or insurance companies
- Handle HIPAA security and privacy
- Evening class offerings begin each January and August. Class meets from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. two days a week.
- Daytime class offerings begin each May. Class meets from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. three days a week.
- Dosage forms and classifications
- Pharmacy laws and regulations
- Prescription processing
- Drug information references
- Over-the-counter medicines
This 65-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE®). Credential earned after being certified: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
“KSU was my first choice. I was so successful in this program. If I can do it, others can do it. Now, I’m about to [pursue] nursing!”
— Genet Daba, graduate
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
Hyflex Delivery Method
For your safety and convenience, we now offer our professional certificate courses in this new format.
Hyflex (Hybrid + Flex):
Our hybrid classes offer a blend of scheduled live course meetings and online coursework. For live meetings, you may register to join the instructor in the physical classroom or join the class meeting online broadcast from your preferred location. You will complete the online coursework on your own while adhering to the course schedule and completion date.
- Start Date 01/26/2021
- End Date 04/29/2021
- Delivery Hyflex
- Total Hours 65
- Class Sessions 19
- Location KSU Center
- City Kennesaw, GA
- CEUs 6.5
- Fee $1,799
No extra information available at this moment.